Want to install a 30-day trial of Autodesk Quantity Takeoff on your computer, so you can use it outside of the lab? Here's how to do it...
Start by connecting to the applications volume on the CEE file server:
- Windows Explorer: Address Bar: \\ceeserver\cee110apps
- Mac Finder: Go To Server: smb://ceeserver
If you cannot connect to the server, download and install the Stanford Virtual Private Network (VPN) client from this URL:
Then, open the Autodesk Quantity Takeoff 2010 folder and run the Setup.exe application.
When prompted to enter a serial number and product code, enter all zeros (000-0000000). Accept the default settings to install a 30-day trial version of the software.
If you're using the Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating system, you'll also need to copy a special file into the program installation folder by following these additional steps:
- Open the Autodesk Quantity Takeoff 2010\x86\Autodesk\QTO\Vista folder.
- Copy the ADOX.DLL file.
- Paste the copied file into the Autodesk QTO program installation folder on your computer:
- 32-bit: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Quantity Takeoff 2010
- 64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Autodesk Quantity Takeoff 2010